One reason Walt Disney World remains a great vacation destination are the beautifully themed resorts. One way Disney World keeps them beautiful is with refurbishments and updates.
But when more than one resort is getting an overhaul, how will that effect your next Disney vacation?
Many Disney resorts are expanding, updating rooms, refurbishing pools and enhancing dining areas. Your Cheapskate Princess Travel Experts are breaking down all of the upcoming refurbishments for you below to help you decide when and where you will be staying on your next vacation.
For a free quote, you can fill out a quote request form here anytime.
Refurbishments are another good reason to use a travel planner for your vacation. We can help you decide on which resort to pick to try to avoid some of the major construction at the resorts. We also keep up to date on the changing landscapes leading up to your check-in date to help make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible.
In some cases, Disney compensates guests with certain items to help guests staying at a resort during high construction times. Whether it is free water park tickets, extra fast passes, or switching resorts at the last minute, your travel agent also helps advocate for you so your stay is truly magical.
Disney works very hard to keep the construction work between the hours of 10am-4pm as much as possible, as to not interfere with guests’ comfort.
But even if the work is not going on, certain pathways and areas are blocked, walled off or inconvenient when trying to move around the resort. As you can see below, some of the upgrades are minor and will probably be completed before you arrive on your next Disney adventure.
However, especially in the case of Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach, there will be two years of heavy construction. Since these are both moderate resorts, availability of rooms, certainly availability of discounts is a big factor.
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort (Moderate Level):
- This resort will be part of a new expansion over the next two years
- A 15-story tower is planned that will overlook Lago Dorado, the resort’s lake. The tower will add 500 rooms that will include suites, concierge level services and give guests beautiful panoramic views of nighttime fireworks from the parks nearby
- Refurbishments of existing rooms is also planned
- An island oasis connecting the resort through a series of bridges is also being added to the landscape
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort (Moderate Level):
- The Trinidad South area of the resort is currently undergoing construction scheduled to be completed March 2017
- Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will also be undergoing a remodel until approximately June 2018.
- Several villages will be under construction and refurbishment for approximately two years beginning May 2017
Disney’s Pop Century Resort (Value Level):
- Room refurbishments in select buildings are scheduled until May 2018
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge & Boulder Ridge Villas (Deluxe Level):
- Ongoing construction will continue through 2017, and many popular areas will remain closed. This includes Hidden Springs Pool (the leisure pool at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge), marina, playground and more. Certain pathways, like the nature trail, will be unavailable, and surrounding views may be impacted. However, the recently renovated Silver Creek Springs Pool will remain open and boat transportation to Magic Kingdom park WILL continue to run.
- The Cub’s Den (Children’s Activity Center) is scheduled to be closed through 2017.
- Roaring Fork and Trout Pass Pool Bar will be closed until Summer 2017. During this time, Geyser Point Pool Bar is available to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, While Territory Lounge will be offering a continental-style breakfast.
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort (Deluxe Level):
- Room refurbishments are continuing through Summer 2017.
- The Convention Center will be under construction until February 2018 and some pathways might be impacted for guests.
- Captain’s Grille is closed from May 2017 to Fall 2017, and is relocating to Ariel’s.
Disney’s Old Key West Resort (Deluxe Villa Level):
- Exterior maintenance and painting will be in progress through Summer 2017.
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas (Deluxe Villa Level):
- Exterior maintenance and painting will be in progress through April 2017.
Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort (Moderate Level):
- Alligator North Bayou Pool is undergoing refurbishment through April 2017.
Refurbishment and construction doesn’t mean a ruined trip, but knowing all the changing areas definitely helps you pick the right resort. Let us know where you would like to stay during your next vacation. Your Princess Travel Experts are here to help guide you through the best resorts to fit you and your family’s needs.
Are you ready for a once-in-a-lifetime vacation? Erin is your Princess Vacation Expert! Erin is a Disney College of Knowledge Graduate and Universal Orlando Specialist. Erin’s passion is helping families have a once-in-a-lifetime moments! She provides excellent customer service, attention to detail, magical milestones, and bringing families together.
Erin is ready to help you plan your next magical family vacation. Contact Erin Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (214)697-7732 to get started! You can fill out a quote request form here. Our you can email email@example.com directly.