Did you know that Walt Disney World offers special tours and events for guests? These special events and tours do cost extra, but many people believe it’s worth it for the behind the scenes information and unique experience they provide. Reservations are required for most tours and can be made by calling 407-WDW-TOUR. While the cost will depend on the tour, all will require you reserve your tour or event with a credit card. Guests will have to show an ID when they check in for their tour. Also, most tours will require a theme park ticket and that is not included in the cost. But if you are looking for a special experience or if you are a seasoned Walt Disney World guest, the tours or special events will offer a new way to enjoy Disney. Also, be sure to ask if the tour offers a discount if you belong to the Disney Vacation Club, have an Annual Pass, or a Disney Visa Card holder. Not all tours or events offer discounts, but it doesn’t hurt to ask in case your tour does! We always look for ways to help save money on a Walt Disney World vacation.
Star Wars Guided Tour
The newest experience that Disney is offering and that most Star Wars fans are excited about is the new Star Wars Guided Tour. This tour will be offered at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and is a seven hour tour with a Star Wars guide. This experience includes the following:
• Enjoy a screening of the movie, Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
• Attend two live stage shows from a reserved viewing area ,Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away and March of the First Order;
• An opportunity to participate in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple for guests ages four through 12;
• A journey on Star Tours : The Adventures Continue;
• A Star Wars-inspired dinner at Backlot Express featuring Star Wars themed items;
• Meet new friends at a Chewbacca and Kylo Ren Character Greeting;
• A guided experience at Star Wars Launch Bay featuring replica props, models, concept art and artifacts;
• Attendance at the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party;
• Experiencing a reserved viewing of the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular nighttime fireworks event; and
• A personalized souvenir of your tour to take home with you to commemorate your adventures.
There are a couple tips to know before you enjoy your one of a kind Star Wars Tour. Be sure to wear the appropriate attire. There is a lot of walking required and the tour will be both in and outdoors. Guests under 18 years of age, must have an adult with them. Guests will need a theme park ticket to Disney’s Hollywood Studios as the check in is next to The Great Movie Ride inside the park. Guests will need to check in at least 15 minutes before their schedule tour, and you will need to cancel two days before your tour. The cost is $129 per person, but that does include tax. Tours will be offered on Mondays, Wednesday, and Saturdays.
Photo from Disney Parks Blog
Star Wars: Galactic Nights
On April 14, 2017 only, Disney Hollywood Studios will host an epic premiere party called Star Wars: Galactic Nights. This special ticketed event will run from 7:00 PM to Midnight and the whole family can attend. Guests can wear costumes to the event, but be sure to see Disney’s restrictions for adults and children. Disney’s Hollywood Studios will only be open to those attending this out of this world event.
According to the Disney’s Parks Blogs, guests will get to enjoy the following during Star Wars: Galactic Nights:
• Rebel Base Activities : The Rebel Base will serve as the event hub with multiple events, hosted shows, Star Wars dance parties and more taking place in the center of the park.
• Watch “Inside the Saga: Celebrity Chat Show” . Catch a celebrity chat show in Epic Theater to learn more about the making of Star Wars films.
• Can’t miss Star Wars photo ops! Don your Star Wars finest and enjoy iconic Star Wars backdrops, including Han Solo cast in carbonite, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace, the Hoth Wampa Cave and more.
• Galactic Nights Stars in Cars Motorcade . This procession will welcome in Star Wars celebrities down Hollywood Blvd.
• Imperial March & March of the First Order. Get your cameras ready for the arrival of the dark side. Darth Vader will lead a battalion of stormtroopers on a dramatic march down Hollywood Blvd to the Event Stage. Captain Phasma will also lead a unit of First Order stormtroopers through the park, pausing to give a demonstration of power and strength.
• Seize the Saga Interactive Scavenger Hunt. Event Guests are challenged to collect Star Wars themed pieces at the photo backdrops throughout the park, revealing a surprise when all items have been collected.
• “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away”. Watch high-energy clips of the best moments from the film saga juxtaposed with character moments on stage, featuring Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and more.
• “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular”. The skies will come alive with the power of the Force, as the park’s popular Star Wars-themed nighttime spectacular lights up the night.
The costs for adults is $129 and children are $124, but this does not include shipping or tax. Also, some of Hollywood Studios favorite attractions will still be available throughout the event. The attractions include:
• Star Tours : The Adventures Continue;
• Star Wars Launch Bay;
• Star Wars: Path of the Jedi;
• Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple;
• Toy Story Mania!;
• The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror;
• The Great Movie Ride;
• Muppet*Vision 3D; and
• Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
Be sure to purchase your tickets because this event is expected to sell out quickly as it is also being held during the Star Wars Celebration at the Orange County Convention Center, April 13-16, 2017.
Disney After Hours
Another special ticketed event is Disney After Hours at the Magic Kingdom. This three hour experience will feature 25 popular attractions with only a limited number of guests in attendance. This event runs from January 20 – March 9, 2017. Currently, there isn’t any word if it will be offered at additional times during the year. The price is $119 per guest and they do offer a discount for Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members.
The tickets are limited to ensure a lower crowd and less wait times. The following popular attractions will be open during this event, plus many more:
• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad;
• Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin;
• Disney Princess Greetings at Princess Fairytale Hall;
• Haunted Mansion;
• “it’s a small world”;
• Jungle Cruise;
• Peter Pan’s Flight;
• Pirates of the Caribbean;
• Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
• Space Mountain; and
• Splash Mountain.
As an added bonus ice cream, popcorn, and select beverages are included in the price of admission and are available at carts stationed throughout the park. This event currently runs through March 9.
There are several options for tours and special events at Walt Disney World. These are just a select few that you might want to check out during your next Disney vacation. I can bet you will be glad you did.
Do you want help deciding which is best resort is best for your family? We would love to help you. Your Princess Travel Experts are here to help! We have tried several of the special events and tours. We know that a Disney vacation can be a lot and we are here to help you with all of your planning needs. The great news, is we can help you for FREE and we also give our clients tips, perks and freebies just for booking with us. Contact us today and let’s start planning your vacation.
Elizabeth fell in love with Disney World as a little girl and has continued to visit again and again. She has been to Disney as a little girl, in her 20’s with friends, pregnant, with a preschooler, and with a child who has severe food allergies. Elizabeth is an agent with Destinations in Florida, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. She is ready to help you plan a magical Disney vacation, all at no cost to you!
Elizabeth loves planning and researching any adventure! She will work with you and your family to ensure that your vacation is everything you dreamed of and more! You can reach Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 317-753-5959. You can fill out a quote request form here.