Disney World has two great options for guests who need larger rooms that sleeps up to six, but don’t want to pay the villa prices. There are two different family suites on Disney property that fit this need called the Family Suite at Disney’s Art of Animation and Family Suite at Disney’s All Star Music Resort. These family suites are a great option for larger families. A question that we hear a lot from guests wanting to stay in a family suite is “which one is the best?” Both are great options and have kitchenettes and two bathrooms (yes, two bathrooms!) But honestly, it really depends on which one would be best for your family. There are pros and cons to both resorts.
Do you want a quote for one or both of the family suites? Check here to request a quote for your next family vacation.
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
Do you want to stay right in the middle of a Disney movie? If so, Disney’s Art of Animation is the resort for you! This resort features family suites that are inspired by Finding Nemo, Cars, and The Lion King. Disney’s Art of Animation Resort also features three swimming pools and four playful courtyards, one for each of the featured films. The Finding Nemo pool is the biggest resort pool on the Disney World property. You can’t beat that!
The family suites include a bedroom with one queen-size bed, one double-size convertible Table Bed, one double-size sleeper sofa, a living room, two bathrooms, and a kitchenette. They are 565 square feet (and the bigger of the two family suites). Disney’s Art of Animation Resort has 1,120 family suites. The Finding Nemo family suites are closest to the main building and the pool.
- Pool: One of the biggest perks of this resort is the main pool called The Big Blue. This pool is amazing and has a Finding Nemo theme that also has an underwater soundtrack. How cool is that? There is also a kids splash area, which is perfect for little ones. There are two more pools on property, The Cozy Cone Pool and the Flippin’ Fins Pool.
- Food Court: The food court at this resort has some amazing food choices. Landscape of Flavors Food Court includes five distinctive food shops; The Soup, Salad and Sandwich Shop, The World Flavors Shop, The Pizza Shop, The Burger Shop, and The Market. I love all of the “create your own” options at this food court!
- Dedicated Bus System: This resort has a dedicated bus, which means they don’t share buses with any other resort. This is a huge perk over the All Star Music family suite.
- Disney Magic Everywhere: The theme of this resort is 100% Disney. If you have young children, you can’t go wrong with the theme of this resort. Guests can stay in a room dedicated to their favorite Disney movie character. Here is a picture from the Lion King themed family suite.
- Price: The price is the biggest con of this resort. It is a value resort, but is more expensive than the All Star Music family suites. This makes it tough when trying to stay within a certain budget.
- Smaller Kitchenette: The Kitchenette is a little on the small side in this resort. There isn’t a lot of room for groceries with this kitchenette.
- Shared Beds: If the members of your travel party don’t want to share beds then this resort is difficult. There is one queen bed in the bedroom, the double size sleeper sofa, and the double size table bed (this bed is really comfortable by the way).
Are you ready to book your family suite, contact us today. We may have a discount to help you save hundreds to thousands of dollars!
Photo from disneyworld.disney.go.com
Disney’s All Star Music Resort
This resort has a music theme. As with the other All Star Resorts this resort has larger than life décor. Large sized musical instruments, a giant jukebox, as well as a piano and a guitar shaped pool. This value level resort has two heated pools and a children’s pool. This resort features the following musically themed buildings: Calypso, Jazz Inn, Rock Inn, Country Fair, and the Broadway Hotel
Family suites include a bedroom with one queen-size bed, a living area with a double-size sleeper sofa, a sleeper chair, a sleeper ottoman, a kitchenette, and two bathrooms. The family suites can sleep up to six guests plus one child under the age of three. They are 520 square feet and the smaller of the two family suites. There are only 260 family suites at All Star Music Resort.
- Cost: Cost is one of the biggest perks with this family suite. It is the less expensive of the two family suites. Larger families wanting the best bang for their buck can find it at the All Star Music Resort.
- Preferred Location: The family suites are also in a preferred location at the resort. This means that they are closer to the main building, pool, food court, and/or bus stop. If families want a preferred standard room then they have to pay a little more, but with the family suites its included in the price.
- Bigger Kitchenette Area: The kitchenette area is a little bit bigger in this family suite. There is more room to store groceries and other items.
- Food Court: The Intermission Food Court recently went through a refurbishment and has had rave reviews.
- Smaller Family Suite: Some guests have complained that the living area is a little tight because there are two single sleepers and the sofa double sleeper. If this doesn’t bother you or if you have guests who would rather not share beds then its more accommodating for your family. This is the smaller of the two family suites.
- Shared Bus Transportation: This resort is one of three All Star Resorts and sometimes they will share bus transportation. Sometimes each resort might have its own dedicated bus, but other times this resort will pick up and drop off at All Star Sports and All Star Movies Resorts as well.
The good news is that both Disney’s Art of Animation and Disney’s All Star Music family suites are great options for your family’s next Disney World Vacation. They are both value level resorts, so it’s a great way to stay within your budget, but still be able to experience all of the perks of a Disney Resort hotel.
Have you ever stayed at either of the family suites? If so, let us know your thoughts! If you want a free, no obligation quote for either of the two family suites or any other Disney resort then let our Princess Travel Experts at Destinations in Florida help! As a cheapskate princess reader, you get some free perks just for booking through them. To start planning your Orlando vacation, contact email@example.com for your free vacation quote or fill out this online form.
Elizabeth fell in love with Disney World as a little girl and has continued to visit again and again. She has been to Disney as a little girl, in her 20’s with friends, pregnant, with a preschooler, and with a child who has severe food allergies. Elizabeth is an agent with Destinations in Florida, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. She is ready to help you plan a magical Disney vacation, all at no cost to you!
Elizabeth loves planning and researching any adventure! She will work with you and your family to ensure that your vacation is everything you dreamed of and more! You can reach Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 317-753-5959. You can fill out a quote request form here.