One of the most popular rides in Disney’s Hollywood Studios is Toy Story Mania. The concept or story for this ride is that the guests are shrunk down to toy size and are playing in Andy’s room. This sets up guests to walk through fun and amazing life sized toys such as Andy’s crayon drawings, a Scrabble board, a Viewmaster disc, and a Candyland game box in the line queue. While the lines are long for this attraction, I do love checking out all the amazing toys and decor in this line queue.
Line queue for Toy Story Mania!
This is a very popular ride at Disney’s Hollywood Studios so please secure a FastPass if this attraction is a must for your family. This ride seems to bottleneck because of its popularity so if you don’t have a FastPass or if you want to ride it more than once during your visit head straight to this attraction at rope drop.
Andy’s drawings in Toy Story Mania
Toy Story Mania takes guests through five different carnival games that are based on the very popular animated movie series, Toy Story. Guests wear 3D glasses for this ride and it makes the games twice as fun. The ride starts with practicing your skills so you know how to play each carnival game.
The different games are:
• Game 1: Hamm & Eggs – Hamm and Buttercup invite you to knock down both moving and stationary barnyard animal targets using hardboiled eggs;
• Game 2: Rex & Trixie’s Dino Darts – Launch darts and pop balloons in front of a bubbling volcano in this game starring Rex and Trixie;
• Game 3: Green Army Men Shoot Camp – Toss baseballs to break plates at a green army men firing range;
• Game 4: Buzz Lightyear’s Flying Tossers – Buzz Lightyear urges you to toss rings and make them land atop the Little Green Men; and
• Game 5: Woody’s Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Gallery – Shoot suction-cup-tipped darts at a variety of mine-cart targets in this game inspired by the “Woody’s Roundup” television
Watch this POV of this family fun attraction.
Does the Toy Story Mania ride get you excited for the Toy Story Land expansion that will be built in Disney’s Hollywood Studios? Disney announced the expansion last year along with a Star Wars themed land. They have released information on two attractions that will be in Toy Story Land, one is a family coaster called Slinky Dog Dash and the second one is called Alien Swirling Saucers. Take a look at a concept video of Slinky Dog Dash.
My whole family loves this ride and with the addition of the third track for Toy Story Mania hopefully more people will be able enjoy it too. Does your family ride this attraction when you are at Disney’s Hollywood Studios?
Don’t miss out on exciting offers, freebies and expert service from your Princess Travel Experts Team. Contact us today!
Elizabeth fell in love with Disney World as a little girl and has continued to visit again and again. She has been to Disney as a little girl, in her 20’s with friends, pregnant, with a preschooler, and with a child who has severe food allergies. Elizabeth is an agent with Destinations in Florida, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. She is ready to help you plan a magical Disney vacation, all at no cost to you!
Elizabeth loves planning and researching any adventure! She will work with you and your family to ensure that your vacation is everything you dreamed of and more! You can reach Elizabeth at email@example.com or call her at 317-753-5959. You can fill out a quote request form here.