Updated for 2017!
It’s a rootin’ tootin’, not high falutin’, good old-fashioned family fun hootenanny! The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue at Walt Disney World has the distinction of being the longest running dinner show in America. It also is one of the more expensive dining experiences at Disney World. Let this guide from your Princess Travel Experts help you decide if the Hoop-Dee-Doo is perfect for you and your family.
While the family style meal of good old southern cuisine is legendary, the meal is actually secondary to the show. Presented by the Pioneer Hall Players, this dinner show is full of old-fashioned, vaudevillian family fun. Interactions with the audience, excellent voices, and hilarity galore give the audience much more than your average dinner experience. Many people return to the Hoop-Dee-Doo every time they visit Disney World, because while the main parts of the show stay the same, the audience participation gives the entertainers the chance to show off their comedy chops.
Everyone, in each of the category of seats, has the chance to be a part of the show as the Pioneer Hall Players make their way around the audience saying hello or asking for volunteers, which also ensures a different experience every time you visit. And you don’t have to worry about trying to enjoy your food during the show, because the entertainment takes breaks throughout the meal to make sure you get to enjoy every last finger-lickin’ bit of deliciousness.
With three showtimes daily (4:00 P.M., 6:15 P.M., 8:30 P.M.), it gives many opportunities for families to fit this exciting and delicious experience into their vacation plans.
In a word…delicious. One of the reasons why this dinner show is so popular is simply the meal. You and your party will feast on all you can eat and drink of the following:
fresh-baked corn bread
barbecue spare ribs and fried chicken
soft drinks, coffee, tea, milk, beer, wine or sangria
Part of the charm is how the food is served. The waitstaff performs along with the show and makes a big production of slamming down the buckets of grub on your table with loud fanfare. And it really is all you can eat!
There are also gluten-free and vegetarian options as well, which you can request when making your reservations.
Prices and Seating
The Disney Dining Plan can be used for the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue for Categories 2 and 3 seating. TWO table service credits will be deducted for these shows.
Category 1 seating allows you and your party to be seated on the first floor level with your table closest to the stage and closest to the action and excitement. Pricing for Category 1:
Adults (ages 10+) $72.00 including tax and gratuity
Children (ages 3-9) $43.00 including tax and gratuity
Infants (ages 0-2) no charge
Category 2 seating offers either a table on the first floor behind the Category 1 seating or in the center of the balcony on the 2nd floor. The location of your table depends on the size of your party. All Category 2 tables are facing the stage so you can get a wonderful view of the entire performance. Pricing for Category 2:
Adults (ages 10+) $67.00 including tax and gratuity
Children (ages 3-9) $39.00 including tax and gratuity
Infants (ages 0-2) no charge
Category 3 seating offers a table that is located on the right hand side or left hand side of the balcony on the 2nd floor. You won’t miss a moment of the fun and excitement as you enjoy the panoramic view of the entire stage production. Pricing for Category 2:
Adults (ages 10+) $64.00 including tax and gratuity
Children (ages 3-9) $38.00 including tax and gratuity
Infants (ages 0-2) no charge
One thing to keep in mind when deciding on your category is that guests seated in Category 2 or 3 may be required to ascend one flight of stairs. Guests in need of wheelchair accessibility may only be seated in Category 1.
Location & Transportation Info.
The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is located at Pioneer Hall inside Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Just like any dining experience, you do want to allow plenty of time while traveling inside Disney World property. There are several different types of transportation to choose from as well.
- Seating begins immediately at 4:00 P.M., 6:15 P.M., or 8:30 P.M. and the show begins 20 minutes later. It is best to arrive thirty minutes before your reservation time.
- If you are using your own vehicle, you must park at the entrance to Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground (or in a nearby satellite parking lot if you are going during peak holiday times). You will want to allow an additional thirty minutes for bus transportation from the parking lot to the event.
- If you are using Disney Resort Transportation, remember there is no direct route between your Disney Resort and Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. One of the easiest ways to get to Fort Wilderness is to take the ferry from Magic Kingdom, or, if you are staying at the Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge Resorts, you are able to take a ferry as well. If you are taking one of the ferry options, you want to allow ninety minutes of travel time.
- If you are staying at Fort Wilderness Resort, you may take the internal resort bus.
- You are also able to take a bus from the Transportation and Ticket Center.
- Prepayment is required if you are not using the Disney Dining Plan.
- Disney Dining Plan Reservations do require a credit card hold. Cancellations may result in charges if made with insufficient notice.
- You are able to pick up your tickets at any Walt Disney World Resort Concierge desk or directly at the Pioneer Hall box office. Same-day box office pickup will be available 40 minutes prior to show time.
- Specialty celebration cakes are available for an additional charge and one of your Princess Travel Experts can help you order a celebration cake.
- Celebrations can be acknowledged during the show as well.
The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is truly worth trying and worth the price tag for this Cheapskate Princess! We love it so much, we try to go almost every time we visit Disney World. I have used both the dining plan credits and I have paid out-of-pocket for this experience. It is the ultimate in fun for every member of the family, and there really is not a bad seat in the house. So, don’t worry if you do not want to pay the Category 1 price tag.
This is also a great dinner option for a non-park day. Let your Princess Travel Experts help you decide if the Hoop-Dee-Doo is perfect for your family and your next Disney World vacation!
Are you ready for a once-in-a-lifetime vacation? Erin is your Princess Vacation Expert! Erin is a Disney College of Knowledge Graduate and Universal Orlando Specialist. Erin’s passion is helping families have a once-in-a-lifetime moments! She provides excellent customer service, attention to detail, magical milestones, and bringing families together.
Erin is ready to help you plan your next magical family vacation. Contact Erin Johnson at erin@destinationsinflorida.