Have you ever been to Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival? Disney has announced that from September 14- November 14, Epcot will host the International Food & Wine festival – this year’s event will be almost an additional two weeks longer. If you are a foodie, then this is your festival.
Epcot’s International Food & Wine festival will feature over 30 marketplace booths – this year there are 39 new or re-imagined marketplace dishes and 47 new cocktails, beers, wines, and ciders on the menu.
Some of the dishes featured will be seared scallop with truffled celery root puree, loaded Greek “nachos” at the Greece Marketplace, Brussel sprouts and mushrooms at Wine & Dine Studio, the mojo pork with black beans and rice at Islands of the Caribbean, and peanut butter and white chocolate mousse from The Chew Collective. My mouth is watering just typing these culinary choices. This festival has so much to offer. Guests can discover delicious cuisines, tastings, and demonstrations and a concert series during the International Food & Wine Festival.
To see a full list of the menus offered at the Global Marketplace, use this link.
Demonstrations and Seminars at the Festival
The festival will also have Culinary Demonstrations, Mixology Seminars, Beverage Seminars, Beverage Boot Camp, What’s Cooking with Celebrity Guests and cheese seminars. The list of celebrity chefs that will cook during the festival is quite impressive. It includes: Geoffrey Zakarian, Maneet Chauhan, Duff Goldman, Elliott Farmer, Masaharu Morimoto and Graham Elliot are the newcomers for 2016, joining longtime favorites including Robert Irvine, Cat Cora, Norman Van Aken, Elizabeth Falkner, Buddy Valastro and Jamie Deen. Also, ABC’s “The Chew” will tape their show for week again.
Also, this year the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will include special experiences at some of the Walt Disney World Resorts. Guests can experience the following:
- “Brunch with a Twist at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa” — a sumptuous 5-star, 5-course meal prepared by the resort’s award-winning chefs.
- “The Secrets of Flavor at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort” — a three-course lunch that gives guests a ‘sensory-food connection’ at Yachtsman Steakhouse.
- “Culinary Adventures with a Master Chef” at Disney’s Contemporary Resort — a hands-on chef’s table experience in a professional working kitchen.
- “Behind the Scenes at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto” at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort — an entertaining tour of the whimsical Trader Sam’s, followed by lunch and a special mixology session.
There will also be special merchandise that guests can only purchase during the Festival. Items include special apparel, kitchenware, magnets, and upscale designer handbags – all will include the logo of the International Food & Wine Festival.
Festival Center Happenings
This year there are several special events that will take place during the festival. The list below includes some, but not all. For a complete list, use this link.
- Book and Bottle Signings – Guests can meet celebrity authors, chefs, food and wine – industry personalities, and vintners during special festival appearances. Singed wine bottles or books would be a unique and perfect souvenir.
- Season of the Vine – This 7 minute film will show a behind the scenes look at the process of winemaking. The film runs continuously throughout the day during the Festival.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Hide and Squeak – This fun adventure has kids of all ages on a scavenger hunt around the World Showcase. Purchase a map and stickers then go out and hunt for statuettes of Remy. Once guests have found all of the statuettes of Remy and matched the ingredient sticker on your map, bring it to Festival Center, Pin Central, Port of Entry or World Traveler at the International Gateway and claim a sweet surprise – compliments of Chef Remy!
- Wine Shop and the Stock Pot Shop – Both of these shops will allow guests to purchase specialty items from the Festival. The Wine Shop will have wonderful selections of beer, wine, and spirits. The Stock Pot shop will have specialty kitchen items, cook books and items from the Festival.
Photo From disneyworld.disney.go.com
Chase VIP Lounge
This year will also have the Chase VIP lounge. Chase debit and credit card holders – this includes Disney Visa Card Members – will be able to gain access by presenting their Chase cards. The lounge, which is located at American Adventure will have complimentary non-alcoholic refreshments, a charging station and comfortable places to sit and relax.
Also, card members will be able to book certain special events and seminars early.
Eat to the Beat Concert Series
Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival also features performances from over 20 different chart-topping artists. This concert series is called “Eat to the Beat.” This year’s talent includes:
• Wang Chung – September 14-15
• Starship — September 16-18
• Air Supply – September 19-20
• BoDeans — September 21-23
• Fuel – September 24 – 25
• Sugar Ray — September 26-28
• Los Lobos — September 29-30
• David Cook — October 1-2
• Wilson Phillips — October 3-4
• Blues Traveler — October 5-6
• Plain White T’s – October 7-9
• 38 Special — October 10-11
• Jeffrey Osbourne — October 12-13
• Tiffany— October 14-16
• Dennis DeYoung and the Music of Styx — October 17-19
• Christopher Cross – October 20-21
• Toad the Wet Sprocket —October 22-23
• Chaka Khan —October 24-25
• Billy Ocean —October 26-27
• Living Color —October 28-29
• Hanson —October 30 – November 1
• Soul Asylum —November 2-3
• Delta Rae — November 4-6
• Boyz II Men— November 7-9
• Sister Hazel — November 10-11
• Big Bad Voodoo Daddy — November 12-14
To see more of our Cheapskating Guides, use this link.
Are you going to Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival this year or have you been in the past? If so, you know what an awesome culinary experience it truly is. Epcot is already my favorite park because of the food, this festival is just the icing on the cake.
Also, if you or your loved ones have food allergies, last year the Marketplace Discovery Passport – free to all that attend the International Food & Wine Festival – had the gluten free and vegetarian items noted! Be sure to book your next Walt Disney World vacation during this amazing festival. Trust me, you do not want to miss this delicious culinary experience.
Elizabeth fell in love with Disney World as a little girl and has continued to visit again and again. She has been to Disney as a little girl, in her 20’s with friends, pregnant, with a preschooler, and with a child who has severe food allergies. Elizabeth is an agent with Destinations in Florida, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. She is ready to help you plan a magical Disney vacation, all at no cost to you!
Elizabeth loves planning and researching any adventure! She will work with you and your family to ensure that your vacation is everything you dreamed of and more! You can reach Elizabeth at email@example.com or call her at 317-753-5959. You can fill out a quote request form here.