As the newest resort on Walt Disney Property, Art of Animation gives you, as well as your kids the feel of being a character in some of your favorite Disney movies. Whether you are going under the sea with Nemo and Fiends, or The Little Mermaid, chilling out in Radiator Springs with Lightening McQueen and Mater, or enjoying the essence of the African savanna with Simba and his friends Timon and Pumba, Art of Animation has something for everyone of all ages. This value resort provides the amenities and perks as other value resorts on property, but can comfortablly accommodate larger families. If you are interested in feeling like you are “inside” a Disney animated movie at your resort, Disney’s Art of Animation is the right one for you! Compared to the other Disney value resorts, The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms are perfect for any budget. And while the Family Suites are higher priced than those found at All-Star Music Resort, your kids will definitely enjoy the adventurous feel of each different themed area. This list of Pros and Cons of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will help you decide if this should be your next choice for your magical Disney World vacation!
Art of Animation Resort Pros:
- Completed in 2012, this is the newest resort on property.
- For larger families, the Family Suites comfortably accommodate families of six.
- The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms are also available and can accommodate up to four guests, plus one child under the age of three in a crib.
Other than The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms (which have two full beds), all Family Suites have three separate sleeping areas (The master bedroom has one queen, sleeper sofa with double bed, and the Inovabed that converts from a table to a double bed).
- While all rooms have a mini refrigerator, the Family Suites, also have a microwave and a kitchenette.
- Family suites also have two bathrooms.
- There are three amazing heated pools; The Big Blue Pool (the largest at the resort and has an underwater soundtrack in the Finding Nemo Courtyard), Flippin’ Fins Pool (Little Mermaid courtyard), Cozy Cone Pool (Cars Courtyard).
- The main pool and kids splash area have zero entry, which is perfect for little ones.
- The Schoolyard is a water play area for the little ones; Squirt’s Righteous Reef Playground and The Boneyard Playground are all play areas for your little animators.
- Animation Hall Lobby houses Pixel Play Arcade as well as, an interactive, hands-on area where a Disney artist teaches guests how to animate favorite characters.
- Landscape of Flavors Food Court includes five distinctive food shops – The Soup, Salad and Sandwich Shop, The World Flavors Shop, The Pizza Shop, The Burger Shop and The Market.
- The Drop Off is a poolside snack bar and delivery service.
- Registered guests receive free resort and theme park parking.
- Registered guests receive access to Extra Magic Hours in the parks when offered.
- Free airport transportation via Disney’s Magical Express.
- Free Disney Theme Park transportation via bus every 15-20 minutes.
- Dedicated Disney Transportation Bus for Art of Animation guests only; as opposed to All-Star value resorts which share the same bus line.
Art of Animation Resort Cons:
- The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms are the farthest away from Animation Hall, like all standard rooms, so at the end of your day in the parks, it can be a long walk.
- Finding Nemo suites are now considered a “preferred location” which means they are more per night than Cars or The Lion King Family Suites.
- There are only a few Standard Rooms available with a King Bed.
- While this is value resort, the price of the themed suites are more than the Family Suites at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort.
- Because it is a great option for families, especially larger families, it can definitely be noisier during high peak travel times.
- If you are a family of five, the themed Family Suites at Art of Animation Resort are not the least expensive option on property. If are trying to stick to a tight budget, certain room which accommodate five at the moderate resorts can be more cost effective.
These pros and cons will help you decide if Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is the best fit for your family. My opinion is this is a great resort to try for your next Disney vacation. Whether you stay in The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms or any of the Finding Nemo, Cars or The Lion King suites, the pros outweigh the cons with this property. With the right planning, you can avoid some of the cons of staying here. Booking with Cheapskate Princess, travel partners Destinations in Florida, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, can also help you decide if Art of Animation is the right fit for your desired vacation experience for your family’s needs, preferences and budget.
Are you ready for a once-in-a-lifetime vacation? Erin is your Princess Vacation Expert! Erin is a Disney College of Knowledge Graduate and Universal Orlando Specialist. Erin’s passion is helping families have a once-in-a-lifetime moments! She provides excellent customer service, attention to detail, magical milestones, and bringing families together.
Erin is ready to help you plan your next magical family vacation. Contact Erin Johnson at email@example.com or by phone at (214)697-7732 to get started! You can fill out a quote request form here. Let the magic begin!