This week’s Disney Cheapskate Princess News Around the Mouse includes some reminders about temporary changes to shows and parades coming up at Magic Kingdom, Fall Food and Wine Festival news with Chefs announced, new eats and cupcakes at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, restaurant and tavern news from Disney’s Boardwalk area (yep we got ice cream folks!) news of some fun shops at Disney Springs, and what I want to focus on… Animal Kingdom’s Harambi Wildlife Parti debuting May 27th.
Been looking for a drum circle to share your beats? Well, here you go! Among the new entertainment experiences debuting Memorial Day weekend at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be the Harambe Wildlife Parti. This safari after-party fills Harambe, from its stunningly beautiful theatre district to its bustling marketplace, with the sights and sounds of outstanding local street musicians and entertainers.
As you explore the town, street musicians and performers seem to be around every corner!
- The local soccer team, Harambe Meerkats, cut through the village rallying anyone in sight for the big game of the day, entertaining with comic meerkat-inspired soccer moves, skillful acrobatic teamwork and dancing feet.
- Kora Tinga Tinga strolls along, serenading visitors to the town with the traditional music of the kora, a hand crafted African harp.
- Look for Muziki in Harambe’s drum circle, where this delightful stilt-walking music man invites children to join him as he plays on his own instruments, dances and makes them official drummers of the day.
- The three Karibu Sisters add to the rhythm of the Harambe Marketplace, where they set up their wares and engage passersby through storytelling, elegant dance, a cappella songs and acoustic renditions of African party music.
- The Harambe Village Acrobats are a troupe of skilled performers who push the adrenaline of the Wildlife Parti to a high point with their drumming, dancing, tumbling and climbing into man-made pyramids and spinning, falling towers.
With music, dance and an ever-changing landscape of things to see and do, the Harambe Wildlife Parti offers the excitement of an African village filled with non-stop, wildly fun surprises and delights! The best part, its included with our park tickets….yes, new entertainment for no extra cost. Karibu, that is swahili for your are welcome!
Will you be staying late at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park this summer?
Need help making the most of your post sunset fun at Walt Disney World Parks? Contact on of our Princess Travel Experts at Destinations in Florida, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, to make your Disney World Vacation the best ever from sunrise through sundown and beyond.
Written by Julie Franklin
Julie Franklin is a travel agent creating family memories at Destinations In Florida, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. She can plan and book your customized magical vacation anywhere at no extra cost to you. As a blogger, mom and wife of a budget traveler, Julie knows how to get the most magic for you vacation. Whether thinking of heading to the parks in Orlando, cruising, an all-inclusive resort or traveling anywhere, let Julie take the stress out of your vacation planning.