By Julie Franklin
Situated near Epcot and Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando lies the lush tropical-themed Caribbean Beach Resort. This moderate resort provides the amenities and comforts one would expect from a Disney resort, with a very relaxing island vibe. If you are looking for a quiet, tropical vacation, this could be the perfect resort for you. It’s a big property at over 200 acres, which has both good and bad points.
Compared to Disney’s value resorts, the moderate resorts typically provide larger rooms, queen beds – though there are exceptions, more on-site dining options, and upgraded pools with slides. Compared to Disney’s Deluxe resorts, moderates typically provide smaller rooms, not as-lush accommodations, fewer on-site dining options and fewer park transportation options. Caribbean Beach Resort provides a great middle ground for first time and seasoned visitors alike.
Let this Pros and Cons of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort list help you decide if this is the vacation property for you and your family!
Caribbean Beach Resort Pros:
- For larger families, rooms can comfortably accommodate 5 adults
- Other than the Pirate themed rooms, all rooms with 2 beds have 2 queen sized beds
- Designed like a fortress, complete with water canons, this has one of the best themed resort pools
- Main pool and kids splash area have zero entry, which is perfect for little ones
- Never hard to get a chair at the pools, since there are 7 pools to choose from
- Larger resort size and lower density buildings help keep resort quiet
- Food Court is adjacent to main pool; very convenient for refill mugs and quick meals and snacks
- Lush green landscape throughout the resort
- Newly refurbished rooms feel new and modern yet comfortable and fresh
- Registered guests receive free resort and theme park parking
- Registered guests receive access to Extra Magic Hours in the parks when offered
- Free airport transportation via Disney’s Magical Express
- Free Disney Theme Park transportation via bus every 15-20 minutes
- Resort shuttle available, running the interior of all bus stops to Port Royale area
- Islands of the Caribbean Pirate Cruise offered for the little ones (for an extra fee)
Caribbean Beach Resort Cons:
- No elevators for those with mobility issues
- Transportation can take longer than other Walt Disney World moderate resorts as there are two more resort-wide bus stops
- Larger resort means it can be a long walk from your room to Old Port Royale or to a bus stop
- Pirate Themed rooms beds are same sized as value resorts and not a fit for those who need queen sized beds
- No balconies outside of rooms
- Only location for refill on resort mugs is at the Old Port Royale area, which is not convenient for all rooms
Knowing the pros and the cons can certainly help you decide if this is good resort for your family. My assessment is this is most definitely a resort to try for your next Disney vacation. I think the good qualities outweigh the bad with this property. With the right planning, you can avoid some of the cons with staying here. Booking with Cheapskate Princess, travel partners Destinations in Florida, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, can help you avoid the cons and determine if Caribbean Beach is a good fit for your desired vacation experience fitting your needs, preferences and budget.
Written by Julie Franklin
Julie is a travel agent creating family memories at Destinations In Florida, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. She can plan and book your customized magical vacation anywhere at no extra cost to you. As a blogger, mom and wife of a budget traveler, Julie knows how to get the most magic for you vacation. Whether thinking of heading to the parks in Orlando, cruising, an all-inclusive resort or traveling anywhere, let Julie take the stress out of your vacation planning.