Disney Dooneys Too Pricey? Disney World Handbags Under $40

Dooney & Bourke handbag

A Cheapskate Princess current with fashion trends knows a Dooney & Bourke handbag is the height of Disney Princess fashion. Other than gold jewelry, there aren’t too many Disney souvenirs I can think of that are more pricey than a D&B purse. The majority of Dooney & Bourke handbag owners say they are very happy with almost every aspect of their Dooney handbag, from quality down to every day appeal.

What seems to hold most princesses back from purchasing a Disney Dooney is the cost. Have you seen the prices on Dooney & B0urke handbags this year? Use this link and then check back here.

Can a Cheapskate Princess Afford a Dooney & Bourke Disney Handbag?

Dooney & Bourke logo

We’re not all prepared to drop $100 to over $300 on a vacation-themed purse. What sort of options does that leave us with if we don’t want to kill our vacation budget but still be able to wear our love for Disney on our arm?

Priced at a quite reasonable $34.95, the Disney Parks are offering several options for Disney Princess fashion at a Cheapskate Princess price.

This red Minnie Mouse handbag features her classic red, black and white theme with an image and Minnie’s signature. $34.95.

Minnie Mouse Disney World purse

Can You Afford Disney’s New Dooney & Bourke “Rainbow Letter Collection?” Grab Your Disney Visa…

This black handbag rings in at $34.95, with Minnie’s name featured prominently and her trademark red (satin in this case) bow fastened to the side.

Minnie Mouse handbag

This white handbag features both Minnie and Mickey Mouse and Pluto in what I call the “old cartoon style.” $34.95

Disney Princess, cheapskate vacation

Move Over Disney Dooney & Bourke…Make Way for the Disney Vera Bradley!

And our last bag in this style, also ringing up at just $34.95, has Bambi, Dumbo, the Disney logo, plus Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse’s signatures. This is the most colorful handbag of the bunch.

Disney purse

While these handbags were photographed at BVG (Bay View Gifts) at the Contemporary Resort, you can find them throughout the parks and resort gift shops.

Want to show the gals at work or PTA meetings your love for a Disney vacation without sacrificing a mortgage payment?  These handbags may be just what you need. You’ll have to pick them up on property though, because they do not appear to be available at the Disney Store.  If you would like to see the bags they do have available online, use this link.

Now let our vacation planner help you plan your trip, totally for FREE!

Earn $20 Rewards for Vacation Referrals!

Erin Johnson, our Cheapskate Princess Travel Agent

Erin Johnson, our Cheapskate Princess Travel Agent

Use this link for a free no obligation vacation quote from  Erin, our Disney Vacation Planner with Destinations in Florida travel.  She offers promotions like Disney Trading Pin sets, autograph books, and free Mickey Mouse ear hats for kids under age 17.  We know our readers love free…

Give Erin a call at 214-697-7732, or send an e-mail to erin @ destinationsinflorida.com.

Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you grabbing your camera out of your new, quite-affordable Disney hand-bag.

Disney’s Cheapskate Princess

Come see us at Disney’s Cheapskate Princess on Facebook and Cheapskate Princess on Pinterest.

1. Christie says:

I love my black and white polka dot tote (with some of the dots being Not-so-hidden Mickeys) !! It is my favorite tote and it doesn’t hurt that I just LOVE black with white polka dots!!

2. Erica Daugherty says:

How do I order

• Amanda says:

Right now you can’t- they are just for sale at the resort and park gift shops. Last I looked on the Disney Store, they were not available. Find a friend going to Disney, and have them pick one up for you! Thanks for reading! ~A.

• Karen Alexander says:

I just looked at the link that was posted above and these purses are showing on the site. So far I have seen the red polka dot and the black one. You can also order through Disney Merchandising.

• Karen Alexander says:

The only one I don’t see on the link is the old time character one. The other three are on there. Two of them are a few dollars over the prices it states here. You might be able to get the prices that are posted by going through Merchandising rather than the Disney site.

3. Onna says:

I have the last one and I love it! I haven’t wanted to spend that much for a Dooney & Bourke but I love that I have a cheapo option! 😛

4. Julie D says:

I have the white one with a blue background instead. I LOVE it and get lots of compliments, but it’s falling apart. I love that they have cute, affordable purses. Now if I can just figure out how to get one without going to Disney. Not that I don’t want to, just cannot afford to now.

• Julie D says:

Oh, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Vera Bradley!!!

• Karen Alexander says:

You can call Disney Merchandising and order it through them. Pretty much anything you see in the parks or DTD can be ordered through them and sent to you. Their phone number is 877-560-6477. I have done this before when I have forgotten to pick something up in the park before we left. They are really good and it is Disney itself doing the orders so there is no up-charge on the item like when you do it with a personal shopper.

5. Lindsey D says:

I have the last one and LOVE IT!! But, I got it in December at the Contemporary and only started using it 2 months ago and it got a tear already with just light use. They are not leather and not D&B quality but at this price I can get 8 of them for the price of a D&B. And, I get a ton of comments on it almost daily and quite a few are asking if it is a Disney D&B.

6. Cathy Spencer says:

I have the last one and love it! Got it at the Disney Store in Downtown Disney last year 🙂

7. jaime says:

Do you know if they are carrying these at Disneyland as well???

• Amanda says:

I do not know Jamie, having never traveled west to that park, but my guess is yes since there is no WDW marking on anything, Let us know if you find out! ~A.

• jaime says:

just checked with some friends and apparently they sell them at “the old watch shoppe” on mainstreet! yay fo me!!!

8. Dana Russell Schroeder says:

Those are all really cute and totally worth the money!!!!

9. Ashley Barnett says:

I have the white one with Mickey and Minnie with the pockets on the front, and I LOVE it! I really want the red polka dot Minnie one next!!

10. Cathy S. says:

I have the colorful one with all the characters on it. Have had it for 2 years and no issues whatsoever. I love it and get lots of compliments on it. I just can’t bring myself to spend over 100 on a purse, so I love these options!!

11. Jordan says:

I was in Disney a week ago. I found a bag I wanted but they do not have it on the Disney store. Do you know where i can find these for the same price?

12. Karyn thompson says:

How can I buy one of these Disney purses on line?

13. Demetria Elliott says:

How do I order a purse from this website or is there another website I need to order from?